More About Enhanced Customer Support
Structured Business Practices
As a customer of NPP you benefit from specific business practices designed to assure we are meeting your unique needs. These include:
- APQP-Advanced Product Quality Planning. APQP serves as a guide in the development process and is a standard way to share results between our team and your organization. It covers such aspects as: specification compliance, production process design, quality inspection standards, process capability, production capacity, product packaging, and operator training plan.
- PPAP-Production Part Approval Process. PPAP helps our team and yours communicate and approve production designs and processes before, during, and after production. This is key to our open communication philosophy to ensure we are meeting all your expectations.
- FMEA-Failure Mode and Effects Analysis. As applied by NPP, FMEA involves reviewing a component to identify possible failure modes, and their causes and effects. A few different types of FMEA exist, including Design FMEA (customer provided) and Process FMEA (NPP provided).
- PdM-Predictive Maintenance. We apply PdM techniques to help determine the condition of in-service equipment to help predict when maintenance should be performed, preventing unexpected equipment failures. Advantages include increasing plant availability, equipment lifetime, plant safety, and optimized spare parts management.
SPC-Statistical Process Control. In order to monitor and control all process, our experienced staff applies SPC which ensures we are always operating at full potential—making as much conforming product as possible with minimal waste.
- RC/CA-Root Cause/Corrective Action. RC is a method of problem solving used to identify the root causes of faults or problems that result in nonconforming product. It is used to methodically identify and correct the root causes of events, rather than to simply address the symptomatic result. CA eliminates the root causes of nonconformities in order to prevent their recurrence. One powerful RC/CA tool used by NPP is the 8D (eight disciplines) problem solving method. This approach establishes a permanent corrective action based on statistical analysis of the problem and the focuses on the origin of the problem by determining its root causes.
These business practices introduce a formality into the fulfillment process that leaves little room for chance or uncertainty. This structure goes a long way to safeguard your interest and, as such, enables us to warrant the delivery of defect-free product.